Wednesday, July 18, 2012

anticipation


friends,
blogging is hard. i want to document my adventures and express what is going on and it is hard. all i know is, this summer has been such a time of growth. friendships have been created and others have grown stronger.

if i have learned anything so far this summer, it is how much my Father loves me. like really loves me. my prayer before leaving for summer conference for clearview was that i would better understand His character. boy, were my prayers answered.

my small group is great. each person in my group is so special to me and i am constantly reminded how lucky i am to be in such a great group. they are so quick to be honest and to reach a hand out to pray for someone. i am constantly encouraged by them to preach the Gospel wherever i go. most recently, that has been at medici. the Lord has orchestrated really cool conversations with people and i am in awe of His faithfulness. this month has been a little bit different in small group world. all of the small group leaders are being refreshed this month while attending weekly re-tooling sessions at the church. this has given my group the opportunity to grow in community with one another outside of our group. steve proposed to the group some goals for the month while small group is not going on. he asked us to consider reading through the books of acts and romans, to read God's lavish grace (which you should buy), and to read some other complimentary texts. as overwhelming as it sounded coming out of his mouth, it has been so fun to read the recommended material. i encourage you to read acts and romans, especially together!

the title of this post is anticipation. i am anticipating these last weeks of summer. want to know why? because summer is about up! BUT the exciting part is that i have been asked to work at camp tecumseh, some of my FAVORITE stomping grounds, for weeks 8 and 9! i can't wait to see what the Lord does while i am walking through camp and how He is going to help me apply what i am learning in acts and romans while i am there.

i can't wait to..
experience the nervous excitement on the car ride (gets me every time)
worship at chapel
eat hobo dinners
sing the three little muffin song
stuff papers in my clipboard
encourage girls to be themselves
play carpetball
wear a blue band
drink diet coke at pop stop
hug old friends
make new friends
wear my blue polo
sit around a candle at devotions
wear bro tanks for two weeks straight
work on my chaco tan
go to numerous polar bear swims
roll in the mud
put flies on people at lunch
put goldfish on my salad
wear shower shoes
swim in the lake
share about Christ's love and faithfulness
have the best darn two weeks of my summer

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment