Friday, October 26, 2012

busy girl.


i'm still not entirely sure who looks at this little blog of mine. i don't really publicly announce that i have a blog. i'm not sure i am confident enough in my writing or what it is. if anything, i want to look back on this someday and see how my life is being shaped by my Father's hands and other fun stuff.

grad school research, church, school, and my internship have all been packing my days. life is so sweet right now. it is very different..but regardless it is sweet. i chose over the summer to finally obey God's nudges to not return as a young life leader this year. i was disobeying my God and it was hurting my relationship with Him and those around me. it has been difficult, but nonetheless He has blessed it.

i find myself in situations that i had difficulty finding myself in when i was leading. more opportunities to grow in my relationship with the Lord, with women from Clearview, and with coworkers and students in new ways.

this weekend is our fall conference at Clearview. i missed the first session because i was at a student affairs conference at western illinois all day yesterday. it was an incredible conference. i feel like this giddy little spirit inside of me for working with college students has been continued to be fueled by the Lord. my heart is breaking for students. my heart is on fire when i meet students passionate about their education and the organizations they are involved in. college is a gift that is often not recognized by students. even myself. i could go on and on about this.

i caught the end of the first session last night at church. boy, the Spirit was moving in a mighty way. i had the opportunity to pray for two of my dear friends during prayer ministry. one of my favorite parts of being involved at Clearview has been growing in hands on prayer. i feel the Spirit move in my body when i lay hands on someone. it is an indescribable feeling. the Spirit was working in my friends last night as i prayed for them. tears fell down their cheeks. friends, He shows up in prayer. He will put the words on your tongue to break down walls and encourage those around you. He speaks through you. it is times like after prayer last night that i realize how big my God is. He spoke through me into their hearts in just the right places. things that i didn't know these girls were struggling through came up in prayer. nudges from the Lord are the sweetest.

i will be updating at the conference goes on. i know that He is going to rock my heart and bring me to His feet. what a beautiful place to be.

P.S- i just signed up for a scarf swap via http://www.crystalfaye.com/
i'm real excited.

and i love me some nathan angelo.

No comments:

Post a Comment