Wednesday, November 21, 2012

thanksgiving break part 1

friends,

it is thanksgiving break. hallelujah. so far, it has been a pretty great break. mom had her second craft show on saturday and sunday and she did great. i love seeing people that are so excited about her booth and that they are excited about all of her hard work. and i love watching them haul away their purchases. it's fun to think about all of the furniture and decorations that people have all of over their homes that she has made over the past several years. i will upload some pictures of both of the shows in my thanksgiving part 2 post.

after her show on sunday, i rode down to carbondale with jenna because she doesn't get a week for thanksgiving like i do. we made dinner with her friends from school and i went to bed. i spent all of monday working on my grad school application to IU. it was such a relief to finally send in a complete application. tuesday night we had dinner again with her friends and i even got to watch the movie you again. if you have never seen it..you should. it's a hoot. as for yesterday..jenna took me to the lab to do an ultrasound on me. she likes the extra practice. she showed me my aorta, kidneys, spleen, liver, stomach, spleen, pancreas, and gall bladder. after that, we packed up and headed for home. last night i got to spend a little bit of time with jenn, andrea, and francis. i love them a whole lot. i thank the Lord that he has continued to bless our friendships. i cannot even believe that we are seniors in college.

as for today..i went to the dentist (probably my least favorite place) and now i am at espresso working on my U of I application. tonight i will get to see my townie friends some more.

tomorrow we will hit the road to visit my mom's side of the family in missouri. we will spend thanksgiving, friday, and part of saturday there. i will get to meet my cousin's new baby girl. i'm a sucker for babies. i'm also looking forward to playing with the kiddos, eating turkey, doing a little shopping, and hopefully seeing the new twilight movie.

found this yesterday. i think it's darn near perfect. so thankful for all the leaders in my life.
  
                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment