Monday, December 10, 2012

i will climb this mountain with my hands wide open


this weekend was a blessing. i am beyond thankful for friends that get me and my heart and push me towards our maker. genuine friendships. the kind that make me laugh because they are so good. and healthy.

friday night we went to the uptown normal theater to see white christmas (my first time). i went in with high expectations. boy, the movie definitely exceeded my expectations! it was brilliant.

saturday morning i met kails and rach at the coffee hound to make new year's eve plans. we searched bloomington for some rockin' times (obvi). didn't find much. so we settled on dressing up and doing dinner at biaggi's and then watching the ball drop. we have already made a pinterest board with drink, food, and decorating ideas.

after church on sunday, i went over to my small group leaders' house to do some baking. i love steve and laura and their two little boys. they are such a fun family that loves college students. we made buckeyes, kiss cookies, and some delicious german dessert that i cannot pronounce. laura sent me home with a plate full of goodies. so much for trying to eat healthy and work out ;)

i stopped by our medieval looking hotel in bloomington to visit my friend chris at her jewelry party. i picked up a hair pin and earrings for myself, a necklace for my mom, and a necklace for my advisor. all of the proceeds went to a pitbull rescue here in town. chris has three pitbulls and they are the sweetest things i ever did meet.

i finished off the night at the "apostolic abode" aka dakota, mark, kyle, and d's house. we worshipped and prayed. it was so powerful.

my favorite words of the night:

"i'm a lover of your presence and that's all i wanna be."




"we have come to give you glory. you're welcome in this place."



"i give it all to you, god. trusting that you'll make something beautiful out of me."



"i will climb this mountain with my hands wide open."

No comments:

Post a Comment